Re: Things that used to be clear (was Re: Evolving Documents (nee "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 02:44:30PM -0400, Kathleen Moriarty wrote:
> Building on Melinda's comments, I recently helped a couple of new authors.
> I pointed them to the XML template and the plug-in to XMLmind.  They
> produced a draft rather quickly with very few questions.  They had not
> worked much with XML, but had enough experience with other format
> languages.  They made use of the plug-in features and used it differently
> than I do.  I switch back to see the XML and fix things.  They were just
> excited to generate a draft in which they felt they were contributing.

Yeah, it does seem lik the XML hate is mostly just that, but that our
use of XML is not really a blocker.  But these are feelings we're
talking about -- all subjective.

Better than talking about the RSE situation though.

Nico