Re: Questions about BCPs and WGs

Jacob,

A "BCP" is one of several types of RFC. BCPs are used to document a "Best Current Practice" in the IETF or the Internet. They are described in section 5 of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2026 .

The "Network Working Group" was the historical original source of RFCs prior to the IETF. The "Network Working Group" attribution in RFCs was kept for many years in the IETF as a sort of homage. Lately, as you've noticed, it's been updated to "IETF".

As others have noted, you should bring up this discussion on "art@xxxxxxxx".

But you picked the right first place to ask!

Cheers,
Andy