Re: On XML and $EDITORs (Re: Things that used to be clear (was ...)) "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On 7/10/19 1:00 PM, Nico Williams wrote:

Can I get you to try LyX?:)

So you want me to learn a new obscure tool in order to avoid using an obscure tool that I'm somewhat familiar with?  :)

Convince me that I won't have to still know about xml2rfc because there's some important case that LyX doesn't handle, or doesn't translate properly.   That's the usual problem with adding another layer - not that the new layer isn't useful (sometimes it is) but the new layer typically doesn't remove the need to be knowledgeable about the underlying layers and deal with bugs that result from stacking the new layer on top.

(Translation: sure, I'm probably willing to try it at some point.   I'm still looking for the Holy Grail too.)

Keith