Re: Future adjustment of nomcom company limits (Was: Re: Nomcom 2019-2020: Result of random selection process)

Adrian Farrel <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > As a consultant, my primary affiliation is my consulting company. Yet
    > there seems to be a feeling that I should disclose (at least to the
    > NomCom chair) a list of my company's major customers, where "major"
    > means more than x% of the company's income stream.

I went down this path this time as well.
I decided to disclose 20% relationship nomcom chair.

    > I think that I agree with Stewart that the ambiguity in the definition
    > makes for interpretation issues such that if my company had major
    > dealings with Foo Corp and the selection process identified me and two
    > employees of Foo Corp it would not be clear whether we should all serve
    > or not.

    > (I have a personal opinion about this, but that is not the point. The
    > point is that there is no obvious guidance in the RFC.)

I don't think we can write any hard and fast rules.
I think that we shouldn't try.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-