Re: Nomcom 2019-2020: Result of random selection process

Scott Mansfield <scott.mansfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I have to admit that this kerfuffle is my fault.  I'm sorry I haven't
    > replied earlier but had a number of issues with traveling back from
    > Geneva (long story - not very interesting).

I see how you got to this situation.

    > In Appendix B it says the number of nominating committee members.
    > Nominating committee members include both voting and non-voting
    > members.  There is this distinction because there are times when only
    > voting members vote (on slates for example) and times when the entire
    > nominating committee needs to vote (on processes etc).  So, I
    > interpreted this to mean that the NomCom Chair should be sensitive to
    > the affiliation of all nominating committee members.  I check the
    > previous 5 years of nomcoms and (unless I missed something) there was
    > no nomcom that had more that two people from the same affiliation on
    > the nominating committee ( I will check again to be sure).

Okay, but I did not look at the non-selecting (non-voting) members when I did
my elimination, and I suspect that others did not either.  It just happened
that this occured.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-