Re: [Eligibility-discuss] AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

Suggestion that I should have made 100 message ago:

This seems to be a "recall" proposal against the current recall process.   So - how about we see if there are 20 "eligible" people that are willing to sponsor this?  And if not, can we be done with it now?

AFAICT there are about 10 or so folk that have offered more than a single comment, but again AFAICT I didn't really see anyone expressing more than tepid interest in spending time on this.

FWIW, I think that it's probably OK to continue to have the "how much influence should a remote-only participant have over the IETF process discussion" but I also think that resolving that question before getting down into the "how many deck chairs on the titanic" type discussions for the recall process may be a much more productive approach that what I'm currently seeing.  And please - can it be time to move it off the IETF mailing list?

Later, Mike

PS - like it or not, meeting fees provide a substantial amount of the money for the general IETF budget specifically including standards publication.  If you are arguing for actions that reduce or tend to reduce or have the potential to limit the intake of funds from that model, I suggest you also come up with a more than handwaving proposal for how to replace those funds or explain which functions supported by the IETF we're going to eliminate to cover such shortfall.