Re: [Eligibility-discuss] AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

On 26 May 2019, at 14:32, John C Klensin wrote:

...unless one is prepared to argue that remote
participants are somehow more inclined to frivolous petitions
than those who attend regularly (no matter whether they actually
participate actively or not), this is a case in which the huge
number of frivolous recall efforts we have had in the past,
especially those that have gone to the point of getting a recall
committee formed (and even back when the number of people it
took to initiate such an action was only one and with no
qualification restrictions) strongly suggests that this is not a
real fear.

To be fair, the concern was about someone making fake remote registrations in order for one or two folks to mount a recall. That said, I still don't think it is a serious concern.

pr

--
Pete Resnick http://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best