Re: [Eligibility-discuss] AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

--On Monday, May 27, 2019 18:13 -0500 Pete Resnick
<resnick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26 May 2019, at 14:32, John C Klensin wrote:
>
>> ...unless one is prepared to argue that remote
>> participants are somehow more inclined to frivolous petitions
>> than those who attend regularly (no matter whether they
>> actually participate actively or not), this is a case in
>> which the huge number of frivolous recall efforts we have had
>> in the past, especially those that have gone to the point of
>> getting a recall committee formed (and even back when the
>> number of people it took to initiate such an action was only
>> one and with no qualification restrictions) strongly suggests
>> that this is not a real fear.
>
> To be fair, the concern was about someone making fake remote
> registrations in order for one or two folks to mount a recall.
> That said, I still don't think it is a serious concern.

I think we are in complete agreement.  My comments, if anything,
were an attempt to demonstrate that the concern is even less
serious than your comments suggested.  I don't think that is a
contest or that it makes much difference who "wins".  IMO, if
there is any debate here it is about the size, coloration, and
taste of the red herring.

best,
   john