RE: Call for Community Input: Web Analytics on www.ietf.org

Hi Roman,
At 08:15 PM 24-05-2019, Roman Danyliw wrote:
In this case "communication staff" means individuals working on behalf of the IETF on communications matters. Practically, this is Greg Woods (ISOC).

Thank you for the information.

This observation may overlap with what was previously posed in the thread by Stephen and John. As I noted in my responses to Stephen and John, my statements reference tracking behavior as defined by DNT spec (as that's the language in the privacy statement)

Ok.

Can you expand on why you think the "IETF" (the named "party" from the privacy statement) isn't appropriate as the "party" in the DNT spec definition.

According to information provided on the web site, the IETF Administration LLC is a legal entity. The IETF Administration LLC stated that it is responsible for establishing and enforcing policies to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.

There is a definition in Section 2.4 of the Tracking Preference Expression specification: "A party is a natural person, a legal entity, or a set of legal entities ..." In my opinion, the usage of "party" in the privacy statement does not fit that definition. The legal entity, namely the IETF Administration LLC, is not identified in the privacy statement.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy