RE: Call for Community Input: Web Analytics on www.ietf.org

Hi!

Correct.  Furthermore, this will be double checked again when specific implementation choices are made.

> It is the first time I see "communication staff" (Page 4 of the
> proposal) being used.  I could not figure out the reason for giving those
> external parties access to non-public information as it is not clear how it is
> liked to the intended purposes.

In this case "communication staff" means individuals working on behalf of the IETF on communications matters.  Practically, this is Greg Woods (ISOC).

> One of the software providers describes one of the methods listed on Page 3
> as tracking. The existing privacy statement defines several parties. They do
> not fit within the "context" {1] definition.  It is not clear whether tracking is
> being proposed or not.

This observation may overlap with what was previously posed in the thread by Stephen and John. As I noted in my responses to Stephen and John, my statements reference tracking behavior as defined by DNT spec (as that's the language in the privacy statement)

Can you expand on why you think the "IETF" (the named "party" from the privacy statement) isn't appropriate as the "party" in the DNT spec definition.

Regards,
Roman