Re: Call for Community Input: Web Analytics on www.ietf.org

Hi Roman,
At 08:17 AM 21-05-2019, Roman Danyliw wrote:
The Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG) is seeking community input on implementing web analytics on www.ietf.org ("the website").

I assume that the proposed change(s) will not materially impact the existing privacy statement or else there would be a prompt notification of the changes.

It is the first time I see "communication staff" (Page 4 of the proposal) being used. I could not figure out the reason for giving those external parties access to non-public information as it is not clear how it is liked to the intended purposes.

One of the software providers describes one of the methods listed on Page 3 as tracking. The existing privacy statement defines several parties. They do not fit within the "context" {1] definition. It is not clear whether tracking is being proposed or not.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. A context is a set of resources that are controlled by the same party or jointly controlled by a set of parties.