Re: AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

On 25/04/2019 17:21, Nico Williams wrote:
On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 05:17:00PM +0100, Stewart Bryant wrote:
On 25/04/2019 17:04, Nico Williams wrote:
On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:03:41AM +0100, Adrian Farrel wrote:
Nico, you over-stretch the "normality" of the process, IMHO.

A bit, but the point is that if you cannot get an AD to sponsor the I-D
without a WG, well, then you still have that path.

Having to go through a WG is very much a possible and legitimate
outcome.

Well, that is not the only path.

Procedurally the authors could consider initiating an appeal or even perhaps
a recall over the matter.

I did not know that an (all) AD's decision not to sponsor could be
appealed.  I don't see how a recall petition over the ADs' refusal to
sponsor could be anything other than frivolous.

It is my understanding that in the IETF the will of the community overrules the will of the IESG. Thus, if there is community will for something, the IESG must either resign or concede. That is why we need to last call anything of significance.

Whether such a recall would be frivolous would firstly be a matter for
the community to decide in terms of gathering the required signatures, and then it be would be a matter for the recall committee to decide.

- Stewart