RE: AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

Nico, you over-stretch the "normality" of the process, IMHO.

If I can point to a few random RFCs that made changes to process without a
BoF or WG...
- RFC 7942 (which replaced RFC 6982)
- RFC 7776 (lots of discussion)
- RFC 8126
- RFC 8318 (this one is very relevant to our discussion)
- RFC 7475

These RFCs received varying amounts of discussion on mailing lists. Mainly
on this list.

It is only a quick sample from recent times, but I hope it demonstrates the
point that process changes are often (more often than not, I would say)
brought to publication without a BoF, WG, or WG last call.

We can debate whether *this* change needs a BoF etc., but we cannot use
precedent to claim that it would be strange to not have a BoF or that
AD-sponsorship would be grounds for recall or appeal.

Thanks,
Adrian