Re: AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 05:37:47PM +0100, Stewart Bryant wrote:
> On 25/04/2019 17:21, Nico Williams wrote:
> > I did not know that an (all) AD's decision not to sponsor could be
> > appealed.  I don't see how a recall petition over the ADs' refusal to
> > sponsor could be anything other than frivolous.
>
> It is my understanding that in the IETF the will of the community overrules
> the will of the IESG. Thus, if there is community will for something, the
> IESG must either resign or concede. That is why we need to last call
> anything of significance.
>
> Whether such a recall would be frivolous would firstly be a matter for
> the community to decide in terms of gathering the required signatures, and
> then it be would be a matter for the recall committee to decide.

Sure.  I don't disagree with any of that.

I suppose that if the current slate of ADs all felt personally
threatened by the current proposal, then that might be grounds for
recalling them.  That's just not my take for what's going on.  And the
fact that the author has a way forward makes me think it's not a big
deal to just have a BoF.