Re: AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

On 4/24/19 6:28 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

Hi Nico,
At 02:11 PM 24-04-2019, Nico Williams wrote:
What's the problem with holding a BoF?

It doesn't make sense to ask a person who lacks extensive travel resources to fly to Canada to hold a BoF about a short draft.

It's not strictly necessary to make a BoF presentation in-person.   It's possible to present to a BoF session from a remote location, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it done more than once.

(It may require a bit more prior arrangement to make sure it goes well.   e.g. Have someone physically present with a laptop to connect to the on-site projector and advance to the next slide when asked, also be able to telephone in just in case the normal audio conferencing facilities don't work.   But if you can get an AD to agree to sponsor a BOF, making such arrangements should not be difficult.)

However I agree with those who say that a "virtual BoF" or even just mailing list discussion, would be reasonable ways to initially evaluate the problem and this proposal.

Keith