Re: AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

Hi Nico,

On 24 Apr 2019, at 16:19, Nico Williams <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd also like to second EKR's proposal that the IAB and IESG should get
a first crack at policing themselves.  That wouldn't exclude a proper
recall mechanism that can be initiated outside the IAB/IESG, but maybe
we wouldn't need to make that mechanism too easy to start.  Lastly, a
mechanism for quickly dealing with frivolous petitions can make it
tolerable to make starting a recall process too easy.

I’m all for steady incremental change.  Having a mechanism to address a situation in the IESG, with notice, would be a good thing.  Even having the mechanism available might have eliminated several instances where it might otherwise have been used.  I feel a little differently about the IAB.  If someone skips out on the IAB, it’s not earth shattering.

Eliot