Re: draft-moonesamy-recall-rev-01: Number of Signatures Required

Regardless of how many (or few) signatures are required, I really don't think it makes sense any more to use meeting attendance (physical or virtual) as a criterion for who can sign a petition [*].   I think it should be some measure of how much a person actually has invested in helping IETF do work, say by writing or reviewing documents, chairing a WG, serving on a directorate, IESG, IAB, etc.   Those are the people who are in the best position to evaluate a recall petition.   IETF should pay more attention to doers than goers.

Maybe we should only require 3 such people, but let them be people who do work.

Keith

[*] I'd make a similar argument for nomcom eligibility.