Re: exploring the process of self retiring one's name from an RFC

Le 19/04/2019 à 22:29, Brian E Carpenter a écrit :
Alexandre, I have to call you out on this one:

On 20-Apr-19 03:52, Alexandre Petrescu wrote:

Le 19/04/2019 à 17:47, Paul Wouters a écrit :
You seem to think the RFC should not apply anymore. So convince your
old authors and/or the appropriate WG to move the RFC to Historic
status.

I agree with your understanding.  But my co-authors certainly think it
is not a Historic document but very up to date.

Their untold expectations proved correct (make all IP-over-foo do 64)

If that was my opinion, why would I have argued for removing the /64
boundary from draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis, and why would I be a co-author
of draft-bourbaki-6man-classless-ipv6?

I do not doubt your intentions with respect to these drafts.

But look how it works: none of these two drafts get through (one is limbo one is non a WG item); what gets through is the RFC that is read by people as support of /64. That is not normal.

I do not fully understand the intentions of the other authors, and I will not really bother further.

If consensus is what gets an RFC, and that consensus leads to an idea that I do not agree with, then I prefer retire from it.

Alex

    Brian

and my untold expectation proved wrong (make all IP-over-foo do variable).

I will not take the time to convince my co-authors.  I rather want to
separate.

Alex

Paul

Sent from mobile device

On Apr 19, 2019, at 17:09, Alexandre Petrescu