Re: exploring the process of self retiring one's name from an RFC

> On 19 Apr 2019, at 16:47, Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> You seem to think the RFC should not apply anymore. So convince your old authors and/or the appropriate WG to move the RFC to Historic status.

As another author of that RFC, I would object strongly to that.  The (purely informational) draft documents the pros and cons of the 64-bit boundary, why it exists, and impacts of changing it (assumptions made).  It does not preclude any such future change.

Alex, I recall at the time you had the view you are expressing now, but chose to remain an author.  I think you now have to live with that choice!

But nothing precludes a new draft being written on the subject.

Tim