Re: Finding the appropriate work stream for draft-nottingham-for-the-users

On 20/03/2019 04:38, S Moonesamy wrote:
Dear Mr Rescorla,
At 08:20 PM 19-03-2019, Eric Rescorla wrote:
In what way is this political? It seems merely factual.

If that is indeed a fact, it is unlikely that any sovereign entity would allow such communication to be used to for unfettered interference in its internal affairs.  An entity which has a significant interest in the Internet might have to consider the risks of "technical fragmentation".

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

The writing is on both or those walls already.

To the latter, Geoff Huston's paper "The Death of Transit" suggests that we are already seeing fragmentation, something we can consider both a threat and an interesting opportunity.

- Stewart