Re: Finding the appropriate work stream for draft-nottingham-for-the-users

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 3:58 PM S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mark,
At 03:19 PM 19-03-2019, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>Which statement is that?

There is the following: "As the Internet increasingly mediates key
functions in societies, it has unavoidably become profoundly
political; it has helped people overthrow governments ..."

In what way is this political? It seems merely factual.

-Ekr

>I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

In simple terms, it is about how the IETF operates.  It may be better
to skip that discussion for now; it may be irrelevant as the draft progresses.

>I don't agree with this characterisation; it's missing the point of
>the draft, which is that the people behind the computers are the
>point, not the programs running on them.

Ok.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy