Re: Self-service tooling requires fine-grained authz -- it's NOT about the application protocol (was Re: (internal) DNS dysfunction is enterprise settings)

Nico Williams <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If someone says "let's put this config data in DNS" and someone responds
> "DNS is too difficult to manage", the answer isn't necessarily "let's
> invent a new protocol".

This is outside the areas I am familiar with, but there's some really
interesting DNS stuff going on in the Kubernetes world, for dynamic
service discovery. But I get the impression they are using DNS for
compatibility with existing software, not because they care about
connecting their container cluster to a global namespace.

https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/dns-pod-service/

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@xxxxxxxx>  http://dotat.at/
Viking, North Utsire, South Utsire, Northeast Forties: Southerly 5 to 7,