Re: Communications - Re: Ombudsteam update

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:34 AM Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 5:53 PM Michael StJohns <mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All technical communities have their own languages - that's just the
> reality.  Learning to become fluent in that language is just the cost of
> doing business.  Staying fluent is also part of the cost (cf the
> discussions on git/github/etc).

See RFC 4144, Section 9.

Actually, see RFC 4144, Sections 1-12...

I'd never seen this RFC before, but after reading Section 9 I went and read the rest -- my standard advice to newcomers is "Read the Tao", but I think it will now be "Read the Tao *and* RFC4144..." -- for those, like me, who hadn't read this before, it is well worth the few minutes it will take to read...

This falls into the category of "one of the good ones",
Ace.

Thanks,
Donald
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 1424 Pro Shop Court, Davenport, FL 33896 USA
 d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx

--
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of pants.