Re: The Friday Experiment

Dear all,

I actually liked the approach and would like to encourage the IESG to repeat the experiment a few more times.

Between the normal work week (the week before IETF), traveling to IETF, the hackathon, IEPG, and the IETF meeting itself you’ll easily end up being busy for 12 days in a row. This is not healthy - we owe it to ourselves to foster an environment that encourages rest as much as it encourages working together.

Making the Friday optional (like at IETF103) increases the chances of people getting home for a full weekend of downtime..

I see no risk of “the Thursday becoming the new Friday”, to me the slippery slope argument makes no sense without supporting data.

Kind regards,

Job