Re: The Friday Experiment

It worked for us (T2TRG).

But then we pretty aggressively went for making it work; planning started long before IETF102.

Limited support for remote presentations could have been a showstopper, but wasn’t for us.

The scheduling was weird: We were luckily able to incorporate a competing side meeting as one of our breakouts.
We were just lucky here that other side meetings did not happen.

I have no idea why we had to stop on 13:20 (again, this happened to work for us, but that is another coincidence).

Summarizing, I don’t think all this luck can be repeated; the assumption of the experiment seems to have been that the entire IETF neatly splits into side meetings that can be scheduled as ships in the dark.

I really like the idea of having some space for more in-depth work, but it will need to become first-class, both wrt support and wrt scheduling.

(For Prague, we are now thinking about starting on Wednesday in the week before the IETF.  Can we have rooms for that?)

Grüße, Carsten