Re: The Friday Experiment

FWIW, I liked having the IETF be a day shorter. I usually end up flying out on Saturday after IETF, which eats into two weekends since I'm also at the hackathon the weekend before. With the shorter IETF, I can fly out on Friday and not lose two weekends. I travel a fair bit (as plenty of us do), and I and my family are grateful to not have me be on the road for another half-weekend.

I don't think the agenda conflicts are necessarily due to the shorter IETF, though I imagine that the likelihood is probably higher. I've had terrible conflicts in past IETFs. It just happens sometimes.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 3:11 PM Valery Smyslov <smyslov.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > My personal hope is that this experiment will not be repeated, and we go back to our previous meeting
> agenda.
>
> Agree!

Me too. In Bangkok there were more agenda conflicts than usual (up to three parallel sessions in SEC area),
I believe it was due to the experiment. And for me (as for many others) the Friday has become
an unexpected vacation day.

Regards,
Valery.