Re: Jabber [Was: Plenary questions]

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:54 PM Dave Cridland <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What I meant here is that this reduces the demand for clients.   Which is why we don't see more clients, and why the clients we see aren't particularly nice: there is simply no way to justify spending time making them nicer.

What you say makes a degree of sense if you believe that markets are driven purely by the needs of the end-user.

Yes.   The market for non-branded, generic jabber clients that can work to connect me to IETF sessions gets smaller and smaller every IETF.   This is because it is driven by end users.

Of course, there are places where Jabber is still used.   But how does that help me to connect to IETF meeting jabber rooms?