Re: Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-16

On 9/30/2018 10:42 PM, Christian Huitema wrote:

> The BRSKI specification is a tradeoff and that's why I would really like
> to see the tradeoff explained in clear terms in the spec. It is designed
> to prevent hijacking of the device during its registration in the
> buyer's network.

By the way, there are many cases where the buyers and the manufacturers
interests are well aligned, besides just securing the bootstrap. For
example, consider the "router fell from the back of the truck" scenario.
I assume that both the original buyer and the manufacturer will be
interested to find out who the second hand buyer is.

-- Christian Huitema