Re: Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-16

>> The BRSKI specification is a tradeoff and that's why I would really
>> like to see the tradeoff explained in clear terms in the spec. It is
>> designed to prevent hijacking of the device during its registration
>> in the buyer's network.
>
> By the way, there are many cases where the buyers and the
> manufacturers interests are well aligned, besides just securing the
> bootstrap. For example, consider the "router fell from the back of the
> truck" scenario.  I assume that both the original buyer and the
> manufacturer will be interested to find out who the second hand buyer
> is.

yep.  i like the idea of find my iphone, though it has not helped find a
lost phone for me.

but it is MY choice to use it.  MY choice to register the phone with
apple's add-on service.

to quote myself from a private thread

> i might have other relationships with the manufacture or third
> parties, such as warranty, add-ons with non-ownership, color-matched
> magenta paint, etc.  but when i purchase the bleeping thing, i bloody
> own it.

randy