Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

On 20 September 2018 at 15:22, <lloyd.wood=40yahoo.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I too am looking forward to this
list of problematic terms that
the IETF should have blackballed.

Well, blackball will have to go for starters!

vertically challenged debugging information format  (version 6)

gender-neutral documentation pages

Lloyd Wood lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Friday, September 21, 2018, 00:12, Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018, lloyd.wood=40yahoo.co.uk@dmarc.ietf.org wrote:

> python has absolutely no problem favouring and promoting whitespace, which is racist as.
> whitespace is so important it gets to come first in the queue on the line. because it's white.

Since I use white text on a black screen, it is misnamed anyway! It's
blackspace for me!

We should call it blancspace obviously.

I also remember they had excellent coffee at IETF 95 Buenos Aires
at a place called Negro and it felt like a weird name to me until I
learned some more Spanish :P

Joking aside, Niels does bring a valid point, and it would be nice if we
got some guidelines for avoiding these existing known words, and prevent
us from creating new problematic ones.