From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of lloyd.wood=40yahoo.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:22 AM
To: Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx>; IETF Discussion Mailing List <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

I too am looking forward to this

list of problematic terms that

the IETF should have blackballed.

Lloyd Wood lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Friday, September 21, 2018, 00:12, Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018, lloyd.wood=40yahoo.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> python has absolutely no problem favouring and promoting whitespace, which is racist as.
> whitespace is so important it gets to come first in the queue on the line. because it's white.

Since I use white text on a black screen, it is misnamed anyway! It's
blackspace for me!

We should call it blancspace obviously.

I also remember they had excellent coffee at IETF 95 Buenos Aires
at a place called Negro and it felt like a weird name to me until I
learned some more Spanish :P

Joking aside, Niels does bring a valid point, and it would be nice if we
got some guidelines for avoiding these existing known words, and prevent
us from creating new problematic ones.