Re: IAB agendas now public

On 2018-09-06 09:17, Randy Bush wrote:
> for example, the elephant in the room.
>
> https://www.iab.org/documents/minutes/minutes-2018/iab-minutes-2018-05-30/
>
> 9. Executive Session: RFC++ BoF proposal
> The RFC++ BOF Proposal was discussed in an executive session.

Touché. But going back one step:

> btw, politics is what happens when more than one person is involved.

Yes. And I didn't mean that all politics should be in executive
session. It's just that if the IAB needs to discuss how it should
respond to external politically charged events, the discussion would
happen in one of three ways:

1. In an open session, in which case the IAB would be showing its
weaknesses to the other parties.

2. In an executive session.

3. If #2 is not an option, in a secret meeting.

I like #3 less than #2. So if there's to be a new dispensation,
I think the IAB needs to be able to hold executive sessions about
external (non-I*TF) matters as well as the usual HR/legal matters.
In general, I don't see why internal I*TF matters would need
secrecy.

    Brian