Re: IAB agendas now public

> But there are quite a lot of issues the IAB has to handle that are not
> part of its architecture remit and that do have a political
> angle. Replay the great ICANN/IANA saga a couple of years ago, for
> example. I fear that either the IAB would have been very inhibited in
> its discussions, or they would mainly have been held in executive
> sessions.

i beg to differ.  heck, forget the begging :)

when it is a personnel or analogous issue, sure

but when it affects our community, it should be open.  and 'politics'
affects our community.  the icann/iana saga should have been open.
the ietf prides itself on being open.  well, we should walk the walk.

btw, politics is what happens when more than one person is involved.

randy