Re: AD time

On Jul 31, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I really did not mean to suggest that.  A lot of IETF participants would not be on the hook for *any* documents.  But at the time a document is adopted by a WG, a group of reviewers should be known for that document (in addition to the document authors).

I think we already do that informally.   This is what the call for adoption is supposed to do.   The problem with formalizing it is that over the lifetime of the document, who is interested in it changes.   So you can get committed reviewers, and then lose them.   And you can get people who agree to review, because they want the document adopted, and then don't.   I'm not saying "so don't do this," but that's the problem we'd have to overcome.

I suppose adding this to the tooling and requiring a certain number of committed reviewers before a document can advance might work, but I have a feeling there'd be a lot of resistance to this.