Re: AD time

On 7/30/18 10:00 PM, Eliot Lear wrote:
>  4. We don't want to limit work the IETF takes on based on AD time

I think I'm actually okay with limiting the work the IETF takes
on based on {some set of resource constraints}.  I need to think
about that some more but that doesn't strike me as obviously a bad
idea (no worse, certainly, than professionalizing the IESG!).

What I'm not okay with is charging down this path, including
investigations, etc., when there's a universe of other ways to
address the problem that aren't being discussed.  I'm not sure
I've even seen a clear statement of "the problem."

I am astonished that this is receiving serious discussion.

Melinda