Re: AD Time

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:52 AM, joel jaeggli <joelja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7/25/18 7:29 AM, Kathleen Moriarty wrote:

I did like having the context between drafts and across areas.  Area reviews were very helpful to clear up issues and also to flag which documents may require more attention.

As a counter example, Stephen Farrell kept up the entire security area on his own while I was on maternity leave, but I think he';s an exception.  Every mailing list was followed and all but recent documents were in process.  I did try to have WGs clear their queues in advance as much as possible.

I may have been able to get to 50% with a few changes, but the balance between ADs is a consideration for the NomCom.  Benoit & Joel had varying amounts of time to dedicate and they made it work between them.
I don't really have much to say about my experience vs Kathleen's. I think the areas are relatively idiosyncratic (we had yang/netmod, the security area has security area review, etc), so the common (and heavy) work-load is very much around the IESG review process.

I agree that different areas have different requirements.  For security, it's applicable to most documents which means more telechat reading.  WG distribution can have an impact.  Some WGs are busier than others and require more time, some require more management.  A rebalance of WGs may have helped me, but this is part of why I raised the question - for NomCom to think about the balance between ADs and ask all ADs of an area what works for them or if their job has changed the time they are able to allot to the AD role.

From an insider's view, I think Kathleen did a great job with the time available, probably more-so then I did.

Thanks, Joel!  You did a great job working within the bounds you were able to time-wise.

--

Best regards,
Kathleen