Re: AD Time

On 7/25/18 7:29 AM, Kathleen Moriarty wrote:

I did like having the context between drafts and across areas.  Area reviews were very helpful to clear up issues and also to flag which documents may require more attention.

As a counter example, Stephen Farrell kept up the entire security area on his own while I was on maternity leave, but I think he';s an exception.  Every mailing list was followed and all but recent documents were in process.  I did try to have WGs clear their queues in advance as much as possible.

I may have been able to get to 50% with a few changes, but the balance between ADs is a consideration for the NomCom.  Benoit & Joel had varying amounts of time to dedicate and they made it work between them.
I don't really have much to say about my experience vs Kathleen's. I think the areas are relatively idiosyncratic (we had yang/netmod, the security area has security area review, etc), so the common (and heavy) work-load is very much around the IESG review process.

From an insider's view, I think Kathleen did a great job with the time available, probably more-so then I did.