Re: Please approve a mailing list or inform me how to Create a mailing list for discussing these projects

See my comments at the end
Quoting valdis.kletnieks@xxxxxx:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 23:56:31 -0600, pradeep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
Hello

Please approve a mailing list for these drafts or inform me of
procedure how to Create
one.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pradeepkumarxplorer-httpi/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pradeepkumarxplorer-httpuserinfo/

These are both one-paragraph drafts calling for solutions to problems that have
been solved quite some time ago.

'httpi://' isn't needed, because we already have all the pieces we need to do
this.  In fact, if anything, many websites have so many "related" and "you
might be interested in" links that we've coined the term "clickbait" for
attempts to get your attention among the mass of links.  And let's face it -
this is a service that should be under the user's control.  This has two
results:

1) It doesn't need to be sent to the destination site so they can decorate the
page they're sending you, so a new protocol isn't needed.

2) Since it's better done by the user, what you *really* want is a browser
extension that does all the markup and searching, without the user even having
to type 'httpi://'.  For example, see how Chrome or Firefox can deal with the
user typing a search string into the URL bar, and giving suggested completions
- each new set of completions was an entire new query from the browser to a
search engine.  Or see any of the many browser extensions that do real-time
markup of pages - everything from replacing all pictures of Donald Trump in
news stories with pictures of kittens, to extended search and annotation, to a
whole bunch of other things:

Annotation: https://www.maketecheasier.com/google-chrome-extensions-annotate-text-on-the-web/ Searching for related terms: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2158690/improve-your-search-chops-and-save-time-with-these-chrome-extensions.html Word definitions: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-chrome-extensions-lookup-words-meanings-browse/

(Think for a moment about how the web extension knows that the picture
is one of Donald Trump... that's not as easy as it looks...)

I have downloaded and experimented Highlight to Search Google chrome extension
on the text i Created http://www.pradeepkumarxplorer.com/YogaSequence.txt.
Its not really the same as httpi
It does search in one application google.com. What if Yahoo provides better search result.
There's no way for User profiling. I am someone being a man prefering to see
only woman models in youtube or images quoting as an example. I am saying its difficult for an ordinary user as opposed to an engineer to know about extensions and install. Its against the guideline of keeping clients thin as possible. As a Usability evaluator, i would say instead of one click, its now two to three clicks and it does not do the choosing for me.Computer / WWW can chose first and then allow WWW user to ReSearch if needed.I am saying software used by Highlight to search should be reused in httpi code in server side if its the correct thing to do but it uses only google.Just typing httpi should give WWW user best of all extensions available and more.I would say enable intelligent browsing menu in Browser should lead to URL being prefixed by httpi or the user can type httpi. What you are saying is work is already 90 percent done
but scattered in fez dozen software that should be consolidated into one place
good principles of software engineering.
Pluggable intelligent profiles could be used in server side in httpi://
Is anyone aware of any AI mailing list that's appropriate that can be included for their opinion?
Pradeep Kumar Xplorer