Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: IAOC report to community at IETF 102

Michael,

> Previously, the tools team was effectively "managed" by the IAOC
> subcommittee.

Before that it sort-of-vaguely reported to the IETF Chair,
which wasn't satisfactory at all. But I agree that it can't
be free-floating in the long term, and the whole question
of how volunteers relate to IASA needs to be sorted out
by the LLC when it exists (IMHO).

> If the tools team identified that there was paid
> work that needed to be done, then it made the IAOC aware of that.
> If I had a problem with the tools team, the IAOC was the place to complain
> to.   Is the path now via the IAD?

IMHO, that is the only way that makes sense in IASA2.0,
but this is probably the wrong list for that discussion.

Regards
   Brian