Re: Ericsson to Host IETF 108 in Madrid

Hi,

thanks for the announcement, Portia!

Yes, there have been talks about bringing the IETF to Spain as far as I
can remember. I was talking with Dave Oran this week about having
discussed this among us two at some point in the 90s! Well, it has taken
us many years, but it seems we are finally going to make it happen.
Ericsson is indeed going to be hosting the summer IETF in Madrid (Spain)
in a couple of years.

Several of you have "informed" me that Madrid is hot in summer. While
that is true, summer is also a good time for taking a few days off and
visit the city or even the country. In any case, none of that should
affect how the IETF gets stuff done during the meeting, which is our
main goal.

I also want to acknowledge all the help we got from Jordi Palet, who is
based in Madrid, when searching potential venues.

Cheers,

Gonzalo