Re: [Mtgvenue] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mtgvenue-meeting-policy-04.txt> (High level guidance for the meeting policy of the IETF) to Best Current Practice

On 24/04/2018 09:17, Randy Bush wrote:
>>> As I said at one point in the WG discussions, many people (including
>>> the fine folk at APNIC) think of the region as "Asia Pacific", which
>>> certainly includes Hawaii (not notorious for being part of North
>>> America) and YVR at a stretch.
>>>
>>> But there was no consensus in the WG to change "Asia" to "Asia Pacific".
>>
>> I support the use of "Asia Pacific" to include Australia as well.

And Aotearoa, I hope ;-)

> agree.  but i emphatically do not support including hawai`i and
> vancouver.  the latter is clearly in north america.  hawai`i has
> the american visa and other barricades.

Yes, but the flying time from other points on the Pacific Rim is
reasonable. However, I think keeping the boundary vague is fine.

    Brian