Re: [Mtgvenue] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mtgvenue-meeting-policy-04.txt> (High level guidance for the meeting policy of the IETF) to Best Current Practice

On the topic of 1-1-1...

I don't see evidence sufficient to warrant a change to
something else right now. In saying that I regard the
1-1-1 scheme as being somewhat aspirational in practice,
and that's ok.

I also don't know that we'd be wise to base any changes
on purely historical data. I think there's a significant
probability that even currently very regular attendees
may individually move towards a 1-0-1 or similar pattern
where they skip f2f meetings that aren't that convenient
for them, on the basis that once one knows a bunch of
IETFers, being remote for 1 out of 3 meetings (or similar)
is not that bad an experience these days. I think that'd
be a perfectly reasonable approach to meetings and would
be one that ought change our calculations, should it start
to become common.

I'm not sure what changes to meeting frequency or locales
such developments would imply, but I doubt it'd be as easy
as 1-1-1->2-1-1 or anything like that.

S.