Re: [Mtgvenue] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mtgvenue-meeting-policy-04.txt> (High level guidance for the meeting policy of the IETF) to Best Current Practice

In article <23d1e398-887d-4c7c-2c9d-da9fad200415@xxxxxxxxx> you write:
>I don't see evidence sufficient to warrant a change to
>something else right now. In saying that I regard the
>1-1-1 scheme as being somewhat aspirational in practice,
>and that's ok.

At this point, we need to think about how to figure out what the
rotation should be, maybe 1-1-1, maybe something else.  That will
require a combination of data we have and a lot of data we haven't.

It would be really nice if there were some way to find people who
didn't come to a meeting but would have if it were somewhere else, but
I don't know how to do it.  Perhaps some sort of polling of past
meeting attendee lists might provide useful data.

There's the related issue that meetings in some places are a lot more
expensive than in others.  For example, there are places that look
like they'd be great except that the circuits we need for the
conference network we want would cost vastly more than they do
elsewhere.

R's,
John