Re: meeting in other places

> On Mar 22, 2018, at 9:48 AM, Matthew A. Miller <linuxwolf+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> Please continue this discussion on < venue-selection@xxxxxxxx >.  As per
> 3005, discussions on topics with an established forum should continue there.

Just to clarify:

venue-selection@xxxxxxxx is a one-way dropbox for the community to provide feedback to the IAOC about specific locations that may be considered for future IETF meetings. So if you have such feedback, whether about locations we have queried about already or not, please send it there. (City-level feedback is preferable IMO.) But it is not a discussion list.

mtgvenue@xxxxxxxx is the place to discuss the 1-1-1-* policy for geographic distribution of IETF meetings. I am planning to send draft-ietf-mtgvenue-meeting-policy out for IETF last call shortly, so please send your comments on the draft to that list if you have them.

Thanks,
Alissa