meeting in other places

A few years ago, I suggested in the open mike, in several consecutive meetings, that we should go to Africa and Latin America.

I was almost killed because that.

Then, we went to Buenos Aires and nobody had any issue compared with the regular issues that happen in other locations (cookies, pick-pockets, and so .... choose your preferred one).

I didn't get yet a meeting in Africa. Is time for it!

Of course, if venues can accommodate us. I know very well how difficult is to find a venue for our group. I'm not trying to break those rules, but the region rotation need to start changing and allowing that.

Considering the actual conversation in the plenary, I think is time to seriously consider *urgently* to return to Latin America and look for locations in Africa, more locations in Asia Pacific, and so on.

Also, I think it is clear that if we really want to share expenses, thinks said today need to be considered:
1) Ideally, the registration fee should be reduced or made almost free. We need to find better funding, or even study with ISOC if there are able to increase our funding towards that.
2) Remote participants should share part of the cost.
3) Local participants don't have (same) traveling expenses, so they should also cover some extra cost.

Regards,
Jordi

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?