Re: Proposed Photography Policy - Transparency and Leadership

Leaving aside the official photographer, from my perspective the primary difference between what you have said above and the individual-facing part of the policy is to have a way to signal that you don't want to photographed without having to say it to everyone individually. Can you help me understand why you feel that makes a big difference in a way that (I think) you object to?

Throughout this whole process it hasn't been clear to me to what extent the issue is bad manners and one person with a history of aggressive photography, and to what extent it's trying to redefine the terms on which one participates in the IETF. Like John K. I am not crazy about a model that allows anonymous participation in a standards process.

Also, since the origin of this is at least partly due to poor socialization I expect that it'll just move the arguments around:

-- Hey, I'm wearing a no-photo beanie.

-- I couldn't see it, your hair is the same shade of blue.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY