Re: Proposed Photography Policy

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have heard no example of those complaints being taken back by e.g.:
ombutsteam to those photographers - protecting those that where intimidated.
If that was not tried and failed, i just kindly continue suggest to try that
first before coming up with more written policies. If the only
thing the ombutsteam could say is "We tried, it failed", i am happy
to accept that. But thats just the simple due diligence i would have
expected as the intro text to any such policy. And include the word
intimidation into a text about intimidation. Helps!

I can't speak to what sorts of complaints the ombudsteam has or has not
received, but I can tell you that the IESG consulted with the ombudsteam
prior to sending this out. Perhaps they would be willing to offer their views.

-Ekr