Re: Proposed Photography Policy

Hi there,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 08:01:35PM -0800, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> not to be photographed. In response to those concerns, we have developed
> the attached policy which we intend to put in place going forward.

Apart from some of the nuances about what large groups are,
&c. &c. (which nuances seem to be working out without my
contributions, so I'll stand mute on them), I think this is a
reasonable policy to adopt and I am pleased to see that the IESG is
taking action.  I especially do not agree with the claim that this is
some over-reaching policy: people have complained about this
behaviour, and that is the reason that something is needed when it
wasn't needed before.  In any case, this is really an expression of
norms rather than an algorithm, and I think that is the appropriate
approach.  Finally, I like the approach where everyone gets one token
to avoid Adrian's complaint about opt-in/opt-out.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx