Re: MHonArc archives to be retired?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:09:50AM -0500, Michael Richardson wrote:
[ a bunch of excellent observations ]

+1 to all these, especially this:

> I don't see how I can open bugs about these, because they are about
> fundamental design decisions.

I strongly concur.  But apparently the preferred direction is now for
pretty, glitzy, complex, and slow over baseline, simple, fast, necessary
functionality that can be accessed via text-only browers and command lines.

And this:

> (And some people would like imap: links I think)

As well as links to complete downloadable copies of the entire archives
of the mailing list in mbox format.

Of course there is abolutely no reason whatsoever why archives can't
be presented in multiple formats and regenerated as necessary from
the original sources (e.g. the mbox files).  Writing Makefile rules
and running them via daily cron jobs suffices to rebuild when necessary
with a maximum latency of 24 hours.

---rsk