Re: MHonArc archives to be retired?

On 15/02/18 19:43, Robert Sparks wrote:
> We _will_ have a discussion with the community before it is retired.

That's good enough for me, thanks.

I'm sure you'll weigh the input from this thread as you get to that.
FWIW, I'd echo those who've said they like the speed, simplicity and
'overview' provided by mhonarc archives. I think the only (v. minor)
thing I'd add is that sometimes I've had to page through archives to
get back in time to a mail I wanted to find but about which I'd
forgotten most things (incl. subject, author etc:-) other than e.g.
"it was just before that big barney about <foo>" or some other
oddball context:-) Happens rarely, but the fact that most mhonarc
web pages cover a good range of dates for most lists makes that
kind of thing possible.

I do also appreciate the new UI's keyword search and a bunch of it's
other features too.

Cheers,
S.

--
PGP key change time for me.
New-ID 7B172BEA; old-ID 805F8DA2 expires Jan 24 2018.